The Center for Entrepreneurship started out under the aegis of Dr. Michael Ames almost two decades ago. Since its inception, the Center’s mission has been:
We teach, coach and lead the principled, cross-disciplinary practice of entrepreneurship. We believe that, through determined practice, leadership and team work, our students, faculty, clients, volunteers and alums can systematically recombine the new and the old to forge new ventures, create an entrepreneurial culture, and dramatically benefit our community.
In 2018 alone, the Center:
- Finished incubating its 40th business at the CSUF Startup Incubator
- Dr. Ames and CSUF Entrepreneurship Director John Bradley Jackson published a book on entrepreneurship with more than 150 contributors
- Completed 70+ CSUF Consulting projects for local businesses
- Taught more than 200 students in entrepreneurship classes
- Hosted more than 500 students in entrepreneurial competitions such as the CSUF Startup Competition and the Titan Fast Pitch
- Fielded more than 700 mentors who are either subject matter experts and/or entrepreneurs
- Welcomed more than 1,000 students, entrepreneurs, and
professionals at entrepreneurial seminars and events
- We now have a 17,000-strong CSUF Entrepreneurship Community!
I hope you get a chance to take a look at some of the stories linked to above. They outline some of the highlights from each of those categories listed above and can help you get a better idea of what the CSUF Entrepreneurship community can accomplish in a single year.
But that’s 2018, now we are in 2019 and we have some amazing things planned for this year. Make sure to stay tuned to find out how you can be a part of creating the next generation of entrepreneurs!
We are dedicated to helping the next generation of entrepreneurs develop the skills that they need in order to compete locally and globally. The CSUF Entrepreneurship program does many things,