On Friday, May 9 at 1:00pm in Mihaylo Hall room 1307 we will be hosting an Awards Ceremony (Please RSVP) commemorating all of the great contributions to CSUF Entrepreneurship during the 2013-14 school year, including:
- We recently completed the 3rd Annual CSUF Business Plan Competition awarding the top prize to White Light Medical. What was particularly encouraging about this competition was the fact that over half of the contestants were from outside Mihaylo College, meaning that our message is reaching students all over campus.
- The White Light Medical also represented us in Chapman’s California Dreamin’ competition where they finished in the Semifinals. Congratulations guys!
- We added Michael Sawitz, Andrew Carroll and Dan Black onto our Board of Directors. These additions can only enrich our program in that each of them has an extensive background working with and as entrepreneurs.
- Hosting the CSUF Fast Pitch Competition bringing together students from all over campus, from other universities and from high schools as well.
- One of our Student-led Business Consulting Teams won the national Small Business Institute Project of the Year Competition and another one of our teams came in second!
- We facilitated and aided in the completion of over 100 Student-led Business Consulting Projects during this school year.
A collaboration between Dr. Michael Ames and Director Jackson produced the interactive e-Book Your Entrepreneurial Journey, which is a source for any entrepreneur or business person looking to better connect their business with their values.
- The Patent Troll Seminar helped educate attendees about the dangers of patent litigation and how they could protect themselves from this.
- New Venture Panels were held during the Fall and Spring semesters giving our student-entrepreneurs a taste of what real life is for a business owner. The best student-entrepreneur team in Management 465A will be receiving a scholarship from Andrew Carroll and NCH Wealth Advisors and the best student-entrepreneur team in Management 465B will be receiving a scholarship from David DeFilippo and Union Bank.
- We will be awarding the Michael Sawitz FastStart.studio Scholarship to three CSUF Student-Entrepreneur teams. These teams will be awarded tuition in FastStart.studio where they can grow their businesses with the help of startup professionals.
- We will be awarding the Conrey Insurance Brokers and Risk Managers Entrepreneurial Scholarship to the student who best exemplifies the entrepreneurial spirit at CSUF.
- Our second Mentor Education Seminar went well during the Summer of 2013 and our stellar Mentoring Program continues to grow.
- Each semester, many speakers come to give talks to our students with the highlight from this year being when the founders of Kashi gave a talk to our students.
Thanks to all of you we were able to make these things happen and as a sign of appreciation we cordially invite you to our Awards Celebration. This event will take place on Friday, May 9 in the Mihaylo building in room SGMH 1307. The event will begin promptly at 1:00pm and will last approximately one hour. Please RSVP for this event here.