After reviewing all of the submissions and listening to the presentations from what turned out to be the strongest group of competitors yet in the CSUF Business Plan Competition we now have our five Finalists!
Finalists for CSUF Business Plan Competition
- Parcel Sift: An integrated platform that helps small businesses get the best shipping deals
- Life Skills Products: An interactive game used in therapy sessions to help build emotional intelligence
- Don’tchu Dare: A card game that gets people together to do fun, shareable activities
- Piano with Jonny: A subscription-based website that teaches users how to play the piano
- WECADEMi: An online platform that connects students with excellent tutors
CSUF Business Plan Competition Awards (Awarded at the Finals on April 14)
- 1st Place: $2,500 scholarship and in-kind services
- 2nd Place: $1,000 scholarship and in-kind services
- 3rd Place: $750 scholarship and in-kind services
- 4th Place: $500 scholarship and in-kind services
- 5th Place: $250 scholarship and in-kind services
CSUF Business Plan Competition Finals Date and Location
The finals are open to the public and will be held on Friday, April 14 at the Titan Student Union Pavilions from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. Come support our Titan’s innovative work!
CSUF Business Plan Competition Semifinals Synopsis
The CSUF Business Plan Competition Semifinals this year was the most exciting yet, with 18 presentations given by talented startup teams or solo entrepreneurs. They each had five minutes to pitch their business concept to a panel of judges consisting of investors, seasoned business executives, faculty and alumni in the hope of receiving a cut of $5,000 in scholarships and $15,000 in in-kind awards like consulting time with experts.
In addition to the five Finalists mentioned above, the judges listened to presentations for business concepts that encompassed a wide range markets, including: cosmetology, education, apparel, botany, and many other interesting things. Each business had a unique solution for consumer’s problems and we hope that they all continue to develop their concepts and work towards launching their businesses.
“We have been hosting the CSUF Business Plan Competition for six years now and this has by far been the strongest group of competitors we have seen. What is really cool is that these competitors come from almost all of the colleges on campus,” said John Bradley Jackson, director of the Center for Entrepreneurship and competition organizer.
Here are some pictures of the finalists presenting at the Semifinals. We hope to see you are the Finals on Friday, April 14 at 1pm at the Titan Student Union.
For more details on CSUF Entrepreneurship: http://business.fullerton.edu/Center/Entrepreneurship/
For more details on how we help people become entrepreneurs: http://business.fullerton.edu/Center/Entrepreneurship/Incubator
For more details on how CSUF Consulting can help businesses thrive: http://business.fullerton.edu/Center/Entrepreneurship/Consulting
Attend one of our events for entrepreneurs or sign up for a free mentoring session: http://bit.ly/CSUFEntrepreneurEvents