Today at 6pm at the CSUF Startup Incubator in Placentia we welcome patent attorney John Connors to speak about patents and how they are a vitally important aspect of every startup, whether they know it or not. To get a ticket and please go to our event page.
Guiding Entrepreneurs, Inventors, and Developers through the Intellectual Property Minefield to Protect & Profit from Their Idea
The easiest thing to steal is an idea! But, there are legal ways to protect your intellectual property so that you become the next creator of the Miracle Mop, Snapchat, or Casper Mattress. Patent Attorney John J. Connors shares with audiences the often overlooked legal processes to get them protected, patented, and profiting from their idea!
Audiences appreciate John’s candor and first-hand experience when it comes to inventions. They walk away knowing how to:
- Invoke trade secret classifications early on to make sure your ideas aren’t stolen!
- Raise venture capital money without losing the rights to your app, invention, or product
- Differentiate between copyright, trademark, and patents laws so that you pursue legal protection correctly
- Recognize how patent, trademark, and copyright laws work together to strengthen your idea again copycats
- Obtain foreign intellectual property rights so that you’re covered outside of the United States
- Understand the nuances of the massive change in patent law that puts your invention in jeopardy of challenge
Sign up for the CSUF Startup Newsletter to keep up-to-date on all the events, news, and everything else we do: http://bit.ly/CSUFStartupSignup
For more details on CSUF Entrepreneurship: http://bit.ly/CSUFEntrepreneurship
For more details on how we help people become entrepreneurs: http://bit.ly/csufstartup
Attend one of our entrepreneur events or sign up for a free mentoring session: http://bit.ly/CSUFEntrepreneurEvents