Author Mitch Joel wrote in his book, “Six Pixels of Separation”, about the 5 C’s of Entrepreneurship 2.0. He describes them as follows:
1. Connecting- Reach out now to people that matter.
2. Creating- Create content with text, images, audio, and video to grow the business
3. Conversations- It is an online world and everybody is talking how the best (and newest) way to grow your business is to start a conversation, join a conversation, and/or be a conversation.
4. Community- Community is the newest audience and the new currency. Community is the newest mass media.
5. Commerce- There is nothing wrong with making money and you should not be shy about it. You should also not try to trick people into thinking that you are interested in a conversation and building community if all you really want is a quick sale. Don’t push a sale on people. Building community is way more about “pull” than “push”. By adding value to the community and building trust, you will grow your sales because people will come to you, instead of you pushing yourself ( and your wares) on them.
Thanks to student Diego Jaramillo for submitting this.