CSUF Startup Incubator resident My Office Apps is looking to hire a staff accountant. Responsibilities and skills required are listed below. If you’re interested please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Prepare and discuss financial reporting package with the Company’s executives and owners.
· Assist with the month-end and quarter-end close process, including the preparations of journal entries and supporting reconciliations for key balance sheet and income statement accounts and identifying and resolving significant account fluctuations and potential errors.
· Oversee proper revenue recognition per Master Service Agreement.
· Oversee the Company’s day-to-day accounting related tasks, including accounts payable and accounts receivable functions. Ensuring timely and accurate monthly billing and accounts receivable follow-up.
· Provide assistance in the development and maintenance of the user guides, including providing customer training on the usage of the Company’s ERP solution.
· Assist with the managing and resolving of incoming customer support tickets.
· Advise and assist software engineers in the modification and development of accounting related functionalities of the Company’s ERP solution, including performing testing on suggested modifications and newly developed functionalities to ensure that all issues and bugs have been properly resolved.
· Assist with the preparation and filing of Company related taxes and licenses.
· Research and resolve payroll and benefits issues, responding to federal and state notices received by the Company.
· Assist in continuous improvement of the Company through analysis and identification of opportunities.
· Support of Sales, Tech, Client Services and other areas in business positioning
· Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
· Must have an extensive knowledge of Accounting procedures
· Attention to detail is an absolute MUST.
· Consistent punctuality, reliability, friendliness, and professionalism even while under pressure.
· Excellent Microsoft computer skills and proficiency in Google Calendar, Google Docs, Excel and Word.
· Ability to handle multiple requests and inquiries in a professional, friendly, and upbeat manner.
· Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
· Positive and self-motivated.
· Flexible team player – willing to learn new tasks.
· Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of work.
· Must be a problem solver and address issues in a timely manner.
· Knowledge of other ERP or Accounting software preferred